Biocultural Consulting is known for its expertise in building foundations linking primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary sectors with Indigenous peoples. BioC is all about innovative attention targeting source causal factors rather than symptoms - strengthening development partnerships, related products or services, or value creation opportunities.
Benefits of engaging through biocultural diversity assessment, design and progression services and indigenous spatial information strategies include:
- increased spatial visualisation of traditional owner group/s and Indigenous communty densities
- analysing unqiue spatial characteristics of cultural structures and potential risk and impacts
- understanding relationship functions that allow cross-group or cross-community investment strategies and sustainable outcomes
- visualising your long-term planning and development agendas that interface with Indigenous disadvanatge policies and objectives
- stronger partnership and time critical protocols
- opportunties to develop Indigenous community specific data outside current dominant government and statistical data
Biocultural spatial profiling allows for more complete analysis of territorial interfaces between sector landscapes and cultural landscapes - and between sector and cultural specific economies. Importance of these like-peices not only allows an understanding of prevailing regional and local economies as a whole, but understanding them in terms of more area specific or place-based uniqueness of opportunities, interests and impacts. Application of spatial information is about harnessing all Indigenous data and contributing efficiently and effectively to social, environmental, economic and cultural benefits spanning the life or lives of policies, projects, developments and regional planning agendas.
Our focus is across broader Indigenous interfaces emcompassing areas such as:
- conservation and natural resource management
- science, ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology
- agriculture, mining, and construction
- entertainment, tourism
- education, research and policy
BioC is about collaborative redesign in establishing frameworks, policies, systems, process and data that upgrades targeted and achievable outcomes. We are interetsed in innovation, in working with sectors that have vision in seeking beyond compliance strategies addressing Indigenous disadvantage.